The Center for Women's Intercultural Leadership at Saint Mary's College provides an intensive English Language School to non-native speakers ranging from beginner to advanced levels. The year-round program offers continuous 4-week sessions and focuses on preparing students for higher education and life in the U.S.
Need another language? Click below to download our brochure!
- Choose dates of study (indicate on application)
- Submit complete application, supplement materials and application fee
- Complete online proficiency exam for placement in appropriate level
- Submit online housing and health forms (sent via email)
- Arrive on campus for orientation and begin classes
- Pay tuition and fees
- Small classes with expert faculty designed for individual attention and success
- Close-knit, all women's college with the University of Notre Dame across the street
- Full immersion experience of U.S. college life
Four residence halls to choose from with spacious rooms and free Wi-Fi
- Easy access to on-campus dining services, Women's Health Center, library resources, computer labs and free printing
- Monthly outings and activities (trips to Chicago and nearby cities, restuarants, museums, parks, music and art events, ice skating, cultural events, and much more)
- Conversation partners
- Preparation for the TOEFL and IELTS exams
- Immigration and Visa advising for international students
Please visit our YouTube site for wonderful videos about our program and community!
Schedule / Academic Calendar
Courses are offered year-round in 4-week sessions and complete semesters
The Saint Mary's College English Language School offers classes from the beginner to the advanced level. Full-time students choose 5 classes for a total of 25 instructional hours a week.
Course details can be found HERE
- TUITION: $260 per class per 4-week session
ESTIMATED EXTRA EXPENSES PER SEMESTER:
- Textbooks: $100-$200
- Personal expenses: $475
- Health insurance (required for F-1 and J-1 students): $100
- Living expenses: Will vary
- Living options:
- On campus (meal plans, free wifi, and cable TV are included)
- Room costs vary based on availability of options: Single, Double, Triple, Quad.
- Off campus apartment (utilities, food, TV, internet, furniture, and transporation costs are additional)
For more information or questions on the English Language School contact:
Assistant Director for International Student/Scholar Services and the
English Language School
Saint Mary's College
+1 (574) 284-4212
tcowham [at] saintmarys [dot] edu
els [at] saintmarys [dot] edu